Started: 1st January 2016
Current Total: 19/24
- Read a horror book.
– The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks (09.01.16)
- Read a non-fiction book about science.
– The Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson (06.03.16)
- Read a collection of essays.
– Essays by George Orwell (15.08.16)
- Read a book out loud to someone else.
– Cats Ahoy by Peter Bently and Jim Field (lots of times!)
- Read a middle-grade novel.
- Read a biography (not a memoir or autobiography).
- Read a dystopian or post-apocalyptic novel.
– Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel (19.01.16)
- Read a book originally published in the decade you were born.
– The Princess Bride by William Goldman (23.07.16)
- Listen to an audiobook that has won an audie award.
– All The Light we Cannot See by Anthony Doerr (01.03.16 – read, not listened to)
- Read a book over 500 pages long
– I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes (04.01.16)
- Read a book under 100 pages long.
– The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman (06.01.16)
- Read a book by or about a person who identifies as transgender.
– The Danish Girl by David Ebershoff (15.01.06)
- Read a book that’s set in the Middle East.
- Read a book that’s by an author from South-East Asia.
– Aunty Lee’s Delights by Ovidia Yu (20.08.16)
- Read a book of historical fiction set before 1900.
– The Double Life of Mistress Kit Kavanagh by Marina Fiorato (31.03.16)
- Read the first book in a series by a person of colour.
– The Unexpected Inheritance of Inspector Chopra by Vaseem Khan (19.03.16)
- Read a non-superhero comic that debuted in the last three years.
- Read a book that was adapted into a movie. Then watch the movie. Debate which is better.
- Read a non-fiction book about feminism or dealing with feminist themes.
– How to be a Woman by Caitlin Moran (20.07.16)
- Read a book about religion (fiction or non-fiction).
– Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape by Jenna Misgavige Hill (17.07.16)
- Read a book about politics in your country or another (fiction or non-fiction).
– I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
- Read a food memoir.
– The Temporary Bride by Jennifer Klinec (18.08.16)
- Read a play.
– Harry Potter & the Cursed Child by JK Rowling et al (02.08.16)
- Read a book with a main character who has a mental illness.
– The Mirror World of Melody Black by Gavin Extence (14.05.16)